Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics offers various services for children, including space maintainers. If your child has lost a tooth unexpectedly or before the permanent teeth are filling in, our dental staff may recommend a space maintainer to help your child avoid future dental challenges. Space maintainers are metal or plastic appliances that custom-fit to your child’s mouth. These small, inconspicuous dental spacers prevent future challenges and are easy to adjust to after a few days, making them convenient for saving money and keeping your child’s smile perfect!
Inquire About Our Space Maintainer Services
Why Might I Need Space Maintainers?
Your child might need fixed space maintainers or other dental spacers for several reasons. Many kids might lose a baby tooth too early, either by accident or simply because of decay. To ensure that the space for the new tooth to grow in remains healthy and other teeth do not shift irregularly, our dental team at Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics might recommend a unilateral space maintainer, distal shoe space maintainer, or other various space maintainers.
When your child loses a tooth by accident or due to decay, these empty spaces can become troublesome for food traps, shifting teeth, and more. In some cases, many pediatric patients have had to receive a crown loop space maintainer or a lingual space maintainer to keep their teeth healthy. For children, space maintainers help avoid significant, often expensive orthodontics treatment options that would otherwise be necessary if no space maintainers were used.
It’s time to give your smile the attention that it deserves!
Contact us at one of our 4 Arizona locations today:
Types of Space Maintainers
Several types of space maintainers depend on your child’s specific needs before their permanent teeth grow in. Here are some of the significant kinds of space maintainers that we offer at Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics:
- Fixed Bilateral Space Maintainers: Space maintainers such as transpalatal arches, lingual holding arch space maintainers or lingual arch space maintainers, are used to help pediatric patients who have lost teeth on both sides of the mouth. These appliances maintain space after teeth in the upper jaw, permanent molars, or upper dental arch have been altered or lost.
- Fixed Unilateral Space Maintainers: These space maintainers, fixed unilateral appliances typically, are used to maintain space on only one side of the mouth. These are usually applied with a band, loop maintainer, and distal shoe. Glued into place, these are kept until the tooth grows in or until further dental work can be completed. The space maintainers typically seen here include distal shoe space maintainers, crown and loop space maintainers or crown band and loop space maintainers.
How to Take Care of Your Space Maintainers
Space maintainers are vital to your child’s oral health. Whether your child has a lingual space maintainer, unilateral space maintainer, or a distal shoe appliance, there are some general rules to follow to keep their mouth clean and to take proper care of their space maintainers:
- Avoid sticky food, such as gum or chewy sweets
- Do not tug on the space maintainers
- Perform optimal dental hygiene on their space maintainers
- Continue with all regularly scheduled dental visits
Why Your Child Should Use Space Maintainers
Dental care is necessary for your child’s health! When your child unexpectedly loses a tooth, you have to ensure that their mouth remains healthy and undisturbed. Space maintainers, dental teams have found, are the perfect option to help maintain your child’s mouth’s current organization. At the same time, your child waits for their permanent teeth to come in while you await a permanent solution to their missing tooth. When your child struggles with missing teeth but want to save money on your future orthodontics bills, choose dental spacers at Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics.
Why Choose Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
As a truly family dentistry and orthodontics office, Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics remains a reputable, competitive leader in the local area. Our orthodontics services are available for children and adults, making us the convenient, easy option for many families looking to find an office that serves their entire family, and provides pediatric dentistry services.
Our commitment to high-quality services also ensures that our patients have access to state-of-the-art treatment options, including space maintainers. Dental spacers are the perfect solution to eliminate orthodontics costs later. In addition, our staff is well-versed, aiming to be your knowledgeable guides as you maintain optimal dental health for your children.
Make your next visit to Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics a family one. Contact us today to learn more, or to book your dental spacers consultation appointment for your child. We look forward to serving your entire family at Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics!