It causes pain and infection. The disease begins between one and three years of age.
To prevent early childhood caries, follow these easy steps:
- Never put your baby to bed with a bottle.
- If a bottle is their pacified, use only water in the bottle.
- Babies who drink bottles lying down may have more ear infections.
- Only give your baby a bottle during meals.
- Teach your child to drink from a cup as soon as possible or by 1 year of age.
- Keep your baby's mouth cleans by using gauze or a baby toothbrush after feedings.
- Use water and a soft children's toothbrush for daily cleaning once your child has teeth.
- Take your child to our Board Certified Pediatric Dentist, Dr. Olga Dolghier! Follow the rule of "first visit by first birthday."